10 Ways To Cut Costs On Your Next Event
Like many businesses in this economic climate, we understand first hand the importance of keeping costs low and running an efficient company. We came across a 10 cost-cutting tips for event professionals.
- Water station, not bottles. Ask the hotel to set up water stations at all functions and meals unless otherwise noted. Also avoid plastic cups by using glasses or mugs to be even more eco-friendly.
- Limit the liquor. Save money by limiting cocktail hour to the period before meals or just get rid of hard liquor completely. Wine, beer and soda will most guests happy.
- Bring the liquor. Skip a bar tab completely by supplying the alcohol yourself and working out a reasonable corkage fee.
- Be frugal about food. Start sessions after breakfast. Explain that sessions will include beverages but clients should take care of their own meals.
- Take advantage of free added value. It most likely won’t cost anything to ask the head chef to come out and speak before a meal, or having the staff line up at the door when guests arrive, but it will add a nice touch of elegance.
- Recycle the venue. Event planners can save a lot if they book a venue for multiple events in the future. Plan ahead and book everything at once.
- Dress it down. Make the event business-casual or even casual. Black-tie guests usually expect finer cuisine.
- Love the locals. Hire on-site staff that lives close to the venue to cut transportation costs and environmental impact.
- Find volunteers. If the event is near a high school, trade school, college or university, you can enlist students to volunteer or work for lower wages. Even better if you can find hospitality industry students.
- Ask for free stuff. Venues might provide complimentary note-taking materials, power strips, A/V equipment, flip charts, etc. Also, they may upgrade rooms or offer complimentary amenities for VIP guests, so don’t’ be afraid to ask.
CLI Worldwide Transportation provides ground transportation in LA, Orange County, San Francisco, San Diego, Las Vegas and over 650 other cities around the world. We take care of clients from door to door, catering to every conceivable need to make the time spent in our vehicles relaxing or productive, whichever our clients choose. We offer more than just limousines, luxury sedans (Town Cars, Mercedes Benz S 550, Lexus LS 460L), vans, SUVs and buses; we offer a complete customer experience that is backed up by our word and satisfaction guarantee.
We are driven to excellence and smile when you smile!