How To Get Sponsors For Your Event
There are many moving pieces in the puzzle of throwing a conference or event, and they usually cost money. Securing sponsorships can help offset some of those costs and also create long-term relationships that open the door to other opportunities in the future.
Here are some tips to help get those sponsors:
- Focus on how the sponsor can benefit.
- Plan and pitch early. Start selling sponsorships months in advance so that the target company had time to plan the cost into their budgets.
- Understand exactly which elements of the event can be sold, such as logo space on printed materials, banners, tablecloths centerpieces, or products/services like swag bags or food catering.
- Look for the top dog, and then go after its closest competitors. Companies that are high-ranked but not at #1 are always looking for ways to get closer to being the top dog, and a sponsorship might just help them out.
- Invite potential sponsors to other events and show them exactly what their sponsorship will look like, i.e. how their logo and product will be highlighted at the event.
- Educate sponsors on how to work the floor and network so they get the most bang for their buck.
- Designate a specific person to guide the sponsor and help out with any issues or concerns they may have.
CLI Worldwide Transportation provides ground transportation in LA, Orange County, San Francisco, San Diego, Las Vegas and over 650 other cities around the world. We take care of clients from door to door, catering to every conceivable need to make the time spent in our vehicles relaxing or productive, whichever our clients choose. We offer more than just limousines, luxury sedans (Town Cars, Mercedes Benz S 550, Lexus LS 460L), vans, SUVs and buses; we offer a complete customer experience that is backed up by our word and satisfaction guarantee.
We are driven to excellence and smile when you smile!